Two Black Cats

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Shall I read, or just sleep?



Velvet always has difficulty making such a difficult choice.

If you look closely you will see that Vel has no tail. He wandered in about 6 weeks ago with an obviously broken, limp tail. A swift visit to the V..E..T revealed a total fracture right at the base of his spine. Luckily his legs and internal organs were unaffected and he was in no pain at all. So the useless tail had to be amputated and he had to be confined in the conservatory to recuperate.

Oh such a whinger he was... "I am not ill", "Why has the cat-flap broken?" "My brother's outside - it's not fair" "More fresh fish please" We heard all of these repeatedly! He also managed to remove the silly plastic collar in about 30 minutes.

Luckily, he recovered very quickly, and I learned to administer the nasty tablets twice per day. And very soon all the fur will have regrown and he will look handsome again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your cats. They are gorgeous. I have a black cat who has a bob-tail. But he was born that way. I picked him out of a litter because he reminded me of a cat that I had who broke his tail too and had it amputated. He lived many years this way and was none the worse for wear.

10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home