Two Black Cats

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Today

I went into the school where I used to teach. It's been a year since I left and about 6 months since I've been in to see everyone. They have had a lot of building work (£4million) and there is a totally new entrance building, new classrooms and new corridors.

It was really strange - not quite knowing where I was or how to get to places - and my old classroom doesn't even exist anymore! But everyone was so nice - the pupils all said hello and asked if I was coming back to teach them! The staff are still very envious and interested in how my studying and gardening are going - even the deputy head asked me if I wanted a job!

I've arranged to visit later in term at a lunch hour to chat to more ex-colleagues in the staffroom.

Overall a very pleasant experience - but I'm happy with my life choices at the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

I did something very similar. Lerft a job I'd been with nearly 8 years. First visit back was just like old times. Next visit the department had moved to another floor, and people had come & gone. I don't visit anymore, home is where I belong. sss's mom

4:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home